UPSC NDA NA Exam Syllabus 2016 – National Defence Academy papers exam pattern upsc.gov.in
Hello dear friends good news, As candidates know that, the National Defence Academy and Navel Academy Examination will organising by Union Public Service Commission which is schedule on 17th April 2016 at various examination centres in Assam State.
Candidates who are going to take this examination, should download the UPSC NDA NA Exam Syllabus 2016 which we provided in the official site. Candidates to gain more marks, we suggest to study the previous year papers and study materials which are available in the UPSC original page.
Apply Online for 410 NDA NA Examination (NDA – II) 2016
UPSC NDA NA Exam Syllabus 2016
UPSC Exam consists 2 parts. First one is UPSC Prelims exam & second one is UPSC Mains exam. people who wish to do central government jobs have to perform UPSC Online Application. Aspirants who are preparing for the UPSC Exams can Download the UPSC Syllabus for CSE (Civil Service Exam), UPSC Syllabus for IFS (Indian Forest Service), UPSC Syllabus for APFC (Assistant Provident Fund Commissioners), UPSC Syllabus for NDA/NA Exams.
- Name of the Organization: Union Public Service Commission.
- Official Website: www.upsconline.nic.in
- Name of the Post: Defence & Naval Academy posts.
- Examination Name: National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (II), 2016.
- Total No of posts: 410 Posts
UPSC NDA NA Exam pattern for paper 1 :-
|Paper||Code No.||S.N.||Subject||Total Marks|
|2.||Matrices and Determination|
|6.||Integral Calculus and Differential Equations|
|8.||Statistics and Probability|
UPS NDA Paper II Syllabus:-
|Paper||Code No.||S.N.||Subject||Total Marks|
|General Ability test||02||1.||English||600|
UPSC NDA Syllabus for Part A – English – UPSC NA Syllabus :-
- Grammar and usage, vocabulary.
- Comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
UPSC NDA Syllabus for Part B – General Knowledge (UPSC NA Syllabus) :-
- Physics, Chemistry.
- General Science.
- Social Studies.
- Geography and Current Events.
UPSC NDA Syllabus for Section A: Physics (UPSC NA Syllabus) :-
- Change of State and Latent Heat, Modes of transference of Heat.
- Sound waves and their properties, Simple musical instruments.
- Rectilinear propagation of Light, Reflection and refraction.
- Static and Current Electricity, conductors and Non-conductors, Ohm’s Law, Simple Electrical Circuits, Heating, Lighting and Magnetic effects of Current, Measurement of Electrical Power, Primary and Secondary Cells, Use of X-Rays.
- Simple Pendulum, Simple Pulleys, Siphon, Levers, Balloon, Pumps, Hydrometer, Pressure Cooker, Thermos Flask, Gramophone, Telegraphs, Telephone, Periscope, Telescope, Microscope, Mariner’s Compass; Lightening Conductors, Safety Fuses.
- Spherical mirrors and Lenses. Human Eye.
- Physical Properties and States of Matter, Mass.
- Weight, Volume, Density and Specific Gravity.
- Principle of Archimedes, Pressure Barometer.
- Motion of objects, Velocity and Acceleration.
- Newton’s Laws of Motion, Force and Momentum.
- Parallelogram of Forces, Stability and Equilibrium of bodies.
- Gravitation, elementary ideas of work, Power and Energy.
- Effects of Heat, Measurement of temperature and heat.
- Natural and Artificial Magnets, Properties of a Magnet, Earth as a Magnet.
UPSC NDA Syllabus for Section B: Chemistry (UPSC NA Syllabus) :-
- Law of Chemical Combination ( excluding problems ).
- Properties of Air and Water.
- Preparation and Properties of HydrogenOxygen, Nitrogen and Carbondioxide, Oxidation and Reduction.
- Acids, bases and salts.
- Carbon – different forms.
- Physical and Chemical changes.
- Elements, Mixtures and Compounds, Symbols
- Formulae and simple Chemical Equations
- Fertilizers – Natural and Artificial
- Material used in the preparation of substances like soap, Glass, Ink, Paper, Cement, Paints, Safety Matches, and Gun-Powder.
- Elementary ideas about the Structure of Atom, Atomic, Equivalent and Molecular Weights, Valency.
UPSC NDA Syllabus for Section C: General Science :-
- Elementary knowledge of human Body and its important organs.
- Common Epidemics, their causes and prevention.
- Difference between the living and non-living.
- Basis of Life – Cells, Protoplasms and Tissues.
- Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals.
- Food – Source of Energy for man. Constituents of food, Balanced Diet.
- The Solar System – Meteors and Comets, Eclipses.
- Achievements of Eminent Scientists.
UPSC NDA exam Syllabus for Section D: History, Freedom Movement, etc :-
- Bhoodan, Sarvodaya, National Integration and Welfare State, Basic Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Forces shaping the modern world; Renaissance, Exploration and Discovery; War of American Independence.
- French Revolution, Industrial Revolution and Russian Revolution.
- A broad survey of Indian History, with emphasis on Culture and Civilisation.
- Freedom Movement in India.
- Elementary study of Indian Constitution and Administration.
- Elementary knowledge of Five Year Plans of India.
- Panchayati Raj, Co-operatives and Community Development.
- Impact of Science and Technology on Society.
- Concept of one World, United Nations, Panchsheel, Democracy.
- Socialism and Communism. Role of India in the present world.
UPSC NDA exam Syllabus for Section E: Geography :-
- Major Natural regions of the World.
- Regional Geography of India – Climate, Natural vegetation.
- The Earth, its shape and size. Lattitudes and Longitudes, Concept of time.
- International Date Line. Movements of Earth and their effects.
- Origin of Earth. Rocks and their classification; Weathering – Mechanical and Chemical, Earthquakes and volcanoes.
- Ocean Currents and Tides.
- Atmosphere and its composition; Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure, Planetary Winds, cyclones and Anti-cyclones; Humidity; Condensation and Precipitation; Types of Climate.
- Mineral and Power resources; location and distribution of agricultural and industrial activities.
- Important Sea ports and main sea, land and air routes of India.
- Main items of Imports and Exports of India.
UPSC NDA exam Syllabus for Section F: Current Events :-
- Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India in the recent years.
- Current important world events.
- Prominent personalities – both Indian and International including those connected with cultural activities and sports.
UPSC NDA exam Syllabus for Intelligence and Personality Test :-
- All these tests are intended to judge the mental calibre of a candidate.
- In addition to the interview, the candidates will be put to Intelligence Tests both verbal and non-verbal, designed to assess their basic intelligence.
- They will also be put to Group Tests such as group discussions, group planning, outdoor group tasks, and asked to give brief lectures on specified subjects.
- In broad terms, this is really an assessment of not only his intellectual qualities but also his social traits and interests in current affairs.
Click here to Official Website